MDA's COVID-19 Information
'It's a team effort, we will get through this together'
MDA IS OPEN FOR 12YRS+ FROM 18TH OCT
MDA IS OPEN FOR ALL AGES FROM 25TH OCT
CLASSES VIA ZOOM UNTIL THESE DATES
MDA SHOP IS CLOSED - CLICK & COLLECT ONLY
22/10/21 - Masks are no longer required to be worn and are optional during class time. They are still required to be worn at others times in accordance with the public health orders.
19/10/21 - Students of ALL AGES from vaccinated families can return to the studio from the 25th October. Parents will need to accept MDA's updated T&C's and declare they accept and meet the requirements to return via the MDA Parent Portal.
15/10/21 - Students aged 12 and over from vaccinated families can return to the studio from the 18th October. Parents will need to accept MDA's updated T&C's via the MDA Parent Portal. We are still awaiting clearance for the return of students aged 12 and under.
4/10/21 - All term 4 classes will initially resume online via ZOOM until at least the 18th October 2021.
Fully vaccinated students aged 12 and over from vaccinated families will be able to return to the studio from the 18th October, more details to follow and an updated timetable. Details on the return to the studio for students aged under 12 will be available later this week.
MDA's COVID Safe Plan
Summary of current conditions of entry and COVID safe plan for MDA.
Please refer to the above COVID Safe Plan - Parents/Students for full plan.
- Until the 1st December (or futher notice), only students from a fully vaccinated household (ie, all household members over the age of 16yrs) can be on the premises at MDA. Parents declare they meet this requirement by accepting MDA’s T&C’s as part of enrolment from 15/10/21 via the MDA Parent Portal.
- Follow the current public health order at all times including vaccination requirements.
- Do not enter if unwell.
- Parents must NOT enter MDA premises until further notice.
- Students to enter class via the verandah.
- Students can only attend classes in which they have a confirmed enrolment.
- All to sanitise hands on entry.
- All to only touch your own belongings.
- All to maintain distance as much as possible.
- Face mask required for all aged 12 and over inside premises. Can be dropped temporarily for breathing difficulties or an exemption.
Live Streaming Support
To support our dancers during the current health crisis, MDA will live stream classes during public lockdowns should they be required during the term.
What you will need...
• A computer or mobile device with speakers, a camera and internet connection.
• A suitable, clear and hazard free space to participate.
1) REGISTER FOR MDA’S CUSTOMER PORTAL
Ensure you have an MDA Customer Portal login. Visit MDA’s Customer Portal and then click on ‘Reset Password’. Enter your email address we send communications to and submit a password reset. Please contact us with any difficulties.
2) LOGIN TO MDA’s Customer Portal
Once logged in, from the dashboard you can view your dancers enrolled classes (you can filter classes to view TODAY's classes to make searching easier).
3) JOIN YOUR CLASS LIVE
On the dashboard of the customer portal, each class description has a link to ‘Join the LIVE STREAM of this class’. For this to work you will need to install ZOOM on your mobile or desktop. You can do this now by clicking on ‘Join the LIVE STREAM of this class’ link and follow the prompts to install ZOOM.
At the time of your class click on the ‘Join the LIVE STREAM of this class’ and join via video. Please wait until your teacher allows you entry into the class. At the end of your class simply close the app.
If you have multiple classes...
• Once you have finished your class return to the MDA Customer Portal dashboard and click the link to your next class.
• If you have multiple students in different classes at the same time you will need a separate device for each student.
By participating in a live stream remotely, you acknowledge MDA's live stream rules...
1) Keep your camera ON.
2) Only enrolled (or scheduled class make-up) dancers can participate.
3) Ensure your camera positioning is appropriate and not invasive to your privacy or others.
4) Parents are responsible for providing a safe environment for the dancer to participate in during the class. MDA is unable to control your home environment and can therefore take no responsibility for damage or injury.
5) Behaviour that violates MDA's values will result in termination of the live stream.
6) Access to live streaming of classes is only available to active enrolled students of Mosman Dance Academy and you acknowledge that you will not share live streaming links will anyone.