MDA's covid-19 response
'it's a team effort, we will get through this together'
MDA is OPEN
all classes IN STUDIO
21/10/20 - MDA will suspend temperature check requests until further notice. All other COVID safe measures remain in place.
MDA's covid-Safe plan
1) Any person who is unwell or has travelled to Victoria in the last 14 days cannot enter.
2) All students must have a confirmed enrolment for their class/es including payment (or acceptance of an instalment plan) to enter MDA.
3) Enter your class via the verandah (Classes Mon-Fri before 3.00pm can enter via the front door providing there is enough distancing space).
4) Have your temperature checked prior to entry when requested.
5) Sanitise hands on entry.
6) Only touch your own belongings.
7) Keep apart from others as much as possible.
Returning in term 3
MDA will make a full return to classes at the studio on the 20th July for week 1 of term 3. All persons will need to comply with MDA's conditions of entry (above) when attending the studio.
Depending on your enrolment status you may need to confirm your class enrolments, if you were...
Enrolled in term 2 - your enrolments will carry over to term 3 automatically. If you had classes on hold during term 2 these will be added back to your enrolment automatically. Please contact us to make any changes prior to Friday 3rd July.
On hold during term 2 - your enrolments were placed on a waitlist to reserve your class position. You can view your waitlisted classes by logging into the MDA Parent Portal. Waitlisted classes will be added back to your enrolment automatically and invoiced on Friday 26th June ready for term 3. Payment (or instalment plan acceptance) will need to be finalised by Friday 3rd July to confirm your enrolment. You will need to contact MDA prior to the 3rd July to make any changes to your enrolment. Please email email@example.com
temporary changes to t&c's
Last updated 22/03/2020
In the current situation, the following changes to MDA's T&C's will be in effect until further notice to help accomodate MDA families during this time. Alterations and additions are highlighted and should be read in conjunction with MDA's terms & conditions of enrolment.
By allowing participation for a child under your care as a parent/legal guardian (or other such authority) in any Mosman Dance Academy Pty Ltd programme (including an online live stream or class) you acknowledge the following:
ONLINE OR LIVE STREAM CLASSES
By participating in a live stream remotely, you acknowledge MDA’s live stream rules.
1) Keep your camera ON.
2) Only enrolled (or make up) dancers can participate.
3) Ensure your camera positioning is appropriate and not invasive to your privacy or others.
4) Parents are responsible for providing a safe environment for the dancer to participate in during the class. MDA is unable to control your home environment and can therefore take no responsibility for damage or injury.
5) Behaviour that violates MDA’s values will result in termination of the live stream.
6. Access to live streaming of classes is only available to active enrolled students of Mosman Dance Academy and you acknowledge that live streaming links will not be shared to anyone apart from those considered enrolled.
When your dancer physically attends a class at MDA:
1. Your class may be live streamed to other active participants of Mosman Dance Academy who are registered to attend the class.
2. Access to live streaming is only available to active customers of Mosman Dance Academy via secure login in the MDA Customer Portal.
MISSING/MAKE UP CLASSES
If a student misses one of their scheduled classes, parents must notify MDA prior or within 72 (24) hours to be eligible for a make up class. Students with eligible make up classes can use these toward any of the available timetabled classes of the dancers level during the same term or the following term with prior notice. Make up classes can only be used by an enrolled student. Should a student drop a class from their enrolment any make up classes associated with the dropped class will be forfeited. Make-up classes will apply for any student who misses a class due to the criteria listed in MDA's COVID-19 policy.
Reschedule/Cancellation of private lessons - Dancers who are part of an MDA eisteddfod group, MDA soloists or dancers undertaking an MDA examination who require a regular lesson as part of their participation may only reschedule their lesson with 2 (24) hours notice, cancellations are not permitted. If 2 (24) hours notice has not been given the lesson will be forfeited.
Dancers not previously mentioned are required to give 2 (24) hours notice for cancellation of a private lesson or the lesson will be forfeited. When 2 (24) hours notice is given the lesson may be rescheduled or a full refund or account credit will be given for paid lessons.
All other MDA T&C's remain in place... MDA's full terms & conditions are available here
live stream instructions
To support our dancers at home during our current health crisis, MDA will be live streaming our classes.
What you will need...
• A computer or mobile device with speakers, a camera and internet connection.
• A suitable, clear and hazard free space to participate.
1) REGISTER FOR MDA’S CUSTOMER PORTAL
Ensure you have an MDA Customer Portal login. Visit MDA’s Customer Portal and then click on ‘Reset Password’. Enter your email address we send communications to and submit a password reset. Please contact us with any difficulties.
2) LOGIN TO MDA’s Customer Portal
Once logged in, from the dashboard you can view your dancers enrolled classes (you can filter classes to view TODAYs classes to make searching easier).
3) JOIN YOUR CLASS LIVE
On the dashboard of the customer portal, each class description has a link to ‘Join the LIVE STREAM of this class’. For this to work you will need to install ZOOM on your mobile or desktop. You can do this now by clicking on ‘Join the LIVE STREAM of this class’ link and follow the prompts to install ZOOM.
At the time of your class click on the ‘Join the LIVE STREAM of this class’ and join via video. Please wait until your teacher allows you entry into the class. At the end of your class simply close the app.
If you have multiple classes...
• Once you have finished your class return to the MDA Customer Portal dashboard and click the link to your next class.
• If you have multiple students in different classes at the same time you will need a separate device for each student.